Calling Webservice from ASP using httpGet now breaks calls from .Netcode

Guabble

Hi, I have got a web service (in .net 1.1) that I call using SSL.
It works fine.

I then get a requirement to access the service using ASP, so I write
code doing an HttpGet to access it. This works fine, however only
after I stick the following in the web.config file (as httpget is not
included by default for asp.net 1.1). Note the ASP code was accessing
the service using HTTP not HTTPS, so I'm not sure if they accessed it
using https if it would fail.

<webServices>
<protocols>
<add name="HttpGet"/>
<add name="HttpPost"/>
</protocols>
</webServices>

This then breaks access for my existing site. What have I done
wrong?

I thought perhaps it was because I need to state the SOAP protocol so
I stuck in
<add name="HttpSoap"/> into the protocol section, but to no
avail.

I bet its something silly, but as I'm not very familiar with web
services I am stuck! Any suggestions?

cheers