    local machine.
    I am unable to connect to the same webservice from a Pocket PC 2003 emulator.
    What can I do?
    Arne, Nov 26, 2004

  2. Arne

    Dan Rogers Guest

    Are you using the compact framework to develop your application? You
    should be able to call a web service using the proxy classes that are part
    of the framework. The code you use in a console app would not be the same
    as that which you use on a pocket PC.

    Hope this helps,

    Dan Rogers
    Microsoft Corporation
    --------------------
    >From: "=?Utf-8?B?QXJuZQ==?=" <>
    >Subject: Calling webservices from a Pocket PC
    >Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 09:09:04 -0800
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
    03.phx.gbl

    Dan Rogers, Nov 29, 2004

  3. Arne

    Arne Guest

    ,Dan,
    Yes I have figured out how to call a web services from a Pocket PC.
    Originally I was trying to call the webservice from localhost which doesn not
    work. I have to call the webservice by the name of the computer or by IP
    address, which does work.
    I am using the compact framework. I had also change some attributes in the
    proxy code.
    Arne.

    Arne, Nov 29, 2004
  4. Arne

    Dan Rogers Guest

    Hi Arne,

    Yes, localhost won't work (that is a network shortcut that is useful for
    testing/developing on a single machine, but it requires a loop-back entry
    (127.0.0.0) in your hosts file AND a local web server for it to work. Glad
    you got it figured out.

    Dan Rogers
    Microsoft Corporation

    --------------------
    >From: "=?Utf-8?B?QXJuZQ==?=" <>

    <>
    >Subject: RE: Calling webservices from a Pocket PC
    >Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:03:02 -0800
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
    3.phx.gbl

    >,Dan,
    >Yes I have figured out how to call a web services from a Pocket PC.
    >Originally I was trying to call the webservice from localhost which doesn

    not
    >work. I have to call the webservice by the name of the computer or by IP
    >address, which does work.
    >I am using the compact framework. I had also change some attributes in the
    >proxy code.
    >Arne.
    >
    >"Dan Rogers" wrote:
    >
    >> Are you using the compact framework to develop your application? You
    >> should be able to call a web service using the proxy classes that are

    part
    >> of the framework. The code you use in a console app would not be the

    same
    >> as that which you use on a pocket PC.
    >>
    >> Hope this helps,
    >>
    >> Dan Rogers
    >> Microsoft Corporation
    >> >From: "=?Utf-8?B?QXJuZQ==?=" <>
    >> >Subject: Calling webservices from a Pocket PC
    >> >Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 09:09:04 -0800
    >> >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices

    cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTFEED02.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGXA

    Dan Rogers, Nov 30, 2004