Calling webservices from a Pocket PC

Arne

I am able to connect from a console test application to a webservice on my
local machine.
I am unable to connect to the same webservice from a Pocket PC 2003 emulator.
What can I do?

Dan Rogers

Are you using the compact framework to develop your application? You
should be able to call a web service using the proxy classes that are part
of the framework. The code you use in a console app would not be the same
as that which you use on a pocket PC.

Hope this helps,

Dan Rogers
Microsoft Corporation
--------------------

Arne

,Dan,
Yes I have figured out how to call a web services from a Pocket PC.
Originally I was trying to call the webservice from localhost which doesn not
work. I have to call the webservice by the name of the computer or by IP
address, which does work.
I am using the compact framework. I had also change some attributes in the
proxy code.
Arne.

Dan Rogers

Hi Arne,

Yes, localhost won't work (that is a network shortcut that is useful for
testing/developing on a single machine, but it requires a loop-back entry
(127.0.0.0) in your hosts file AND a local web server for it to work. Glad
you got it figured out.

Dan Rogers
Microsoft Corporation