calloc/free: a preplexing observation

Keith Thompson

Chris Croughton said:
Or not exist, because the system on which it runs is broken. It seems
that in your opinion systems using lazy allocation are broken, but that
is the fault of the system not that of the C implementation which might
not be able to get around the system behaviour.

If the OS doesn't permit the possibility of a conforming C
implementation, that may not be the C implementation's fault -- but
the C implementation is still non-conforming.

Which still leaves the question of whether lazy allocation is
conforming -- a question I'm no longer trying to answer.