Cambodian Midget Fighting League

Discussion in 'HTML' started by lyman.1.hymen@spamgourmet.com, May 18, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Lion Mutilates 42 Midgets in Cambodian Ring-Fight

    An African Lion much like this is responsible for the death of 28
    Cambodian Midgets
    Spectators cheered as entire Cambodian Midget Fighting League squared
    off against African Lion
    Tickets had been sold-out three weeks before the much anticipated
    fight, which took place in the city of Kâmpóng Chhnãng.

    The fight was slated when an angry fan contested Yang Sihamoni,
    President of the CMFL, claiming that one lion could defeat his entire
    league of 42 fighters.

    Sihamoni takes great pride in the league he helped create, as was
    conveyed in his recent advertising campaign for the CMFL that stated
    his midgets will "... take on anything; man, beast, or machine."

    This campaign is believed to be what sparked the undisclosed fan to
    challenge the entire league to fight a lion; a challenge that Sihamoni
    readily accepted.

    An African Lion (Panthera Leo) was shipped to centrally located
    Kâmpóng Chhnãng especially for the event, which took place last
    Saturday, April 30, 2005 in the city's coliseum.

    The Cambodian Government allowed the fight to take place, under the
    condition that they receive a 50% commission on each ticket sold, and
    that no cameras would be allowed in the arena.

    The fight was called in only 12 minutes, after which 28 fighters were
    declared dead, while the other 14 suffered severe injuries including
    broken bones and lost limbs, rendering them unable to fight back.

    Sihamoni was quoted before the fight stating that he felt since his
    fighters out-numbered the lion 42 to 1, that they "... could out-wit
    and out-muscle [it]."

    Unfortunately, he was wrong.

    , May 18, 2005

    To my disappointment, the story was a hoax.

    Regards...

    wrote:
    > Lion Mutilates 42 Midgets in Cambodian Ring-Fight
    >
    > An African Lion much like this is responsible for the death of 28
    > Cambodian Midgets
    > Spectators cheered as entire Cambodian Midget Fighting League squared
    > off against African Lion
    > Tickets had been sold-out three weeks before the much anticipated
    > fight, which took place in the city of Kâmpóng Chhnãng.
    >
    > The fight was slated when an angry fan contested Yang Sihamoni,
    > President of the CMFL, claiming that one lion could defeat his entire
    > league of 42 fighters.
    >
    > Sihamoni takes great pride in the league he helped create, as was
    > conveyed in his recent advertising campaign for the CMFL that stated
    > his midgets will "... take on anything; man, beast, or machine."
    >
    > This campaign is believed to be what sparked the undisclosed fan to
    > challenge the entire league to fight a lion; a challenge that

    Sihamoni
    > readily accepted.
    >
    > An African Lion (Panthera Leo) was shipped to centrally located
    > Kâmpóng Chhnãng especially for the event, which took place last
    > Saturday, April 30, 2005 in the city's coliseum.
    >
    > The Cambodian Government allowed the fight to take place, under the
    > condition that they receive a 50% commission on each ticket sold, and
    > that no cameras would be allowed in the arena.
    >
    > The fight was called in only 12 minutes, after which 28 fighters were
    > declared dead, while the other 14 suffered severe injuries including
    > broken bones and lost limbs, rendering them unable to fight back.
    >
    > Sihamoni was quoted before the fight stating that he felt since his
    > fighters out-numbered the lion 42 to 1, that they "... could out-wit
    > and out-muscle [it]."
    >
    > Unfortunately, he was wrong.

    , May 20, 2005

    Hoaxes serve a purpose, a valuable one. Good hoaxes are designed to be
    discovered - and to disappoint - maybe for a good reason. Sometimes
    it's good to know that not everything is real a hundred percent of the
    time. The disappointment only lasts a little while. The sting of
    being hoaxed has a pleasant burn to it.

    Tommy Joe

    , May 23, 2005
  4. Tommy Joe Guest

    How about a publication like World Weekly News that publishes nothing
    but outlandish reports. It's boring to sit around all day reading
    phony news, but sometimes the writers can get cute with it. Like a few
    years back they had a report on the sport of 'dwarf-tossing', along
    with a picture of the guy tossing a dwarf to win the
    championship........ This same picture appeared in the prior week's
    publication. The writer is defending last week's report. He can't
    believe the number of people who are challenging the tosser's
    legitimacy, saying he deserves no recognition. The writer demands to
    know how they could possible say such a thing when the accompanying
    photo clearly shows the tosser's foot never crossed the line.........
    See, I liked that, the way the writer surprised me and took a different
    direction. I give the guy credit. On the other hand, maybe I misread
    the article and just made a pleasant mistake.

    Tommy Joe

    Tommy Joe, May 23, 2005
  5. Jake Guest

    wow

    Jake, Jul 11, 2005
  6. Jake wrote:

    > wow

    Don't be too impressed -- the story's a fake . . . ;)

    http://tinyurl.com/angcf

    http://tinyurl.com/auq37

    johnebravo836, Jul 11, 2005
  7. dp Guest

    johnebravo836 wrote:
    > Jake wrote:
    >
    >> wow

    > Don't be too impressed -- the story's a fake . . . ;)
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/angcf
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/auq37
    >

    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Lion Mutilates 42 Midgets in Cambodian Ring-Fight
    >>>
    >>> An African Lion much like this is responsible for the death of 28
    >>> Cambodian Midgets
    >>> Spectators cheered as entire Cambodian Midget Fighting League
    >>> squared off against African Lion
    >>> Tickets had been sold-out three weeks before the much anticipated
    >>> fight, which took place in the city of Kâmpóng Chhnãng.
    >>>
    >>> The fight was slated when an angry fan contested Yang Sihamoni,
    >>> President of the CMFL, claiming that one lion could defeat his
    >>> entire league of 42 fighters.
    >>>
    >>> Sihamoni takes great pride in the league he helped create, as was
    >>> conveyed in his recent advertising campaign for the CMFL that stated
    >>> his midgets will "... take on anything; man, beast, or machine."
    >>>
    >>> This campaign is believed to be what sparked the undisclosed fan to
    >>> challenge the entire league to fight a lion; a challenge that
    >>> Sihamoni readily accepted.
    >>>
    >>> An African Lion (Panthera Leo) was shipped to centrally located
    >>> Kâmpóng Chhnãng especially for the event, which took place last
    >>> Saturday, April 30, 2005 in the city's coliseum.
    >>>
    >>> The Cambodian Government allowed the fight to take place, under the
    >>> condition that they receive a 50% commission on each ticket sold,
    >>> and that no cameras would be allowed in the arena.
    >>>
    >>> The fight was called in only 12 minutes, after which 28 fighters
    >>> were declared dead, while the other 14 suffered severe injuries
    >>> including broken bones and lost limbs, rendering them unable to
    >>> fight back. Sihamoni was quoted before the fight stating that he felt
    >>> since his
    >>> fighters out-numbered the lion 42 to 1, that they "... could out-wit
    >>> and out-muscle [it]."
    >>>
    >>> Unfortunately, he was wrong.

    The hoax-slayer link times out... try
    http://www.snopes.com/humor/iftrue/lionmidget.asp