    cambridge companies asking for new hires who work in verilog ? I hope
    it isn't down to an increase in the number of American CTOs who don't
    understand VHDL.
    Jezmo, Sep 24, 2011

  2. Jezmo

    Tricky Guest

    On Sep 24, 9:13 pm, Jezmo <> wrote:
    > Does anyone know why there is a sudden increase in the number of
    > cambridge companies asking for new hires who work in verilog ? I hope
    > it isn't down to an increase in the number of American CTOs who don't
    > understand VHDL.

    Is it not just a recruitment drive by the local ASIC producers, whom I
    always understood to be more common verilog users than VHDL?
    Tricky, Sep 26, 2011

  3. Jezmo

    Jezmo Guest

    On Sep 26, 4:01 am, Tricky <> wrote:
    > On Sep 24, 9:13 pm, Jezmo <> wrote:
    >
    > > Does anyone know why there is a sudden increase in the number of
    > > cambridge companies asking for new hires who work in verilog ? I hope
    > > it isn't down to an increase in the number of American CTOs who don't
    > > understand VHDL.

    > Is it not just a recruitment drive by the local ASIC producers, whom I
    > always understood to be more common verilog users than VHDL?

    You may well be right, I had a strange call from a recruitment firm
    asking me if I wanted to do processor design in VHDL and then started
    asking me about had I done verification using verilog and
    systemverilog, sometimes it really makes you wonder if they understand
    what the hell they are talking about.
    Jezmo, Sep 27, 2011
  4. On 27 Sep., 10:23, Jezmo <> wrote:
    > You may well be right, I had a strange call from a recruitment firm
    > asking me if I wanted to do processor design in VHDL and then started
    > asking me about had I done verification using verilog and
    > systemverilog, sometimes it really makes you wonder if they understand
    > what the hell they are talking about.

    I see a trend to design RTL in VHDL and build testbenches in SV.
    Another trend is usage of IP in whatever language you get the IP,
    resulting in mixed language designs.
    So you need designers with good skills in VHDL but also able to
    understand a bit Verilog (SV, C,...).

    bye Thomas
    Thomas Stanka, Sep 27, 2011
  5. Jezmo

    Jezmo Guest

    On Sep 27, 1:42 pm, Thomas Stanka <>
    wrote:
    > On 27 Sep., 10:23, Jezmo <> wrote:
    >
    > > You may well be right, I had a strange call from a recruitment firm
    > > asking me if I wanted to do processor design in VHDL and then started
    > > asking me about had I done verification using verilog and
    > > systemverilog, sometimes it really makes you wonder if they understand
    > > what the hell they are talking about.

    > I see a trend to design RTL in VHDL and build testbenches in SV.
    > Another trend is usage of IP in whatever language you get the IP,
    > resulting in mixed language designs.
    > So you need designers with good skills in VHDL but also able to
    > understand a bit Verilog (SV, C,...).
    >
    > bye Thomas

    Well it just so happens that I am working on a JESD204B interface
    which may need to be written in verilog depending on what people want,
    so that will be fun, possibly.
    Jezmo, Oct 4, 2011