Can a <asp:contentplaceholder> generate custom events?

Beatniks

Is it possible to define a custom event for a contentplaceholder?

I've got a chain of bubbling events:
Button>repeater>childPage--- <ContentPlaceHolder> --- MasterPage

In the childPage I get a reference to the MasterPage with:
Dim myPage As MasterPage
myPage = CType(Me.Master, MasterPage)
myPage.FinishMyStuff()

Is this smart? Or should I figure out a way to bubble the event though
the ContentPlaceHolder?

Trying to learn a lot about events
J Beatniks