Can a asp page post data to another asp page inside frameset?

luu duong

I know this is probably easy but here is the details. I have an asp
page that is not inside a frameset. I want to post data to another asp
page that is inside a frameset. So firstpage.asp has
action="response.htm" target="results".

response.htm...
<HTML>
<FRAMESET ROWS="50%,50%">
<FRAME SRC="header.asp" NAME="fTop">
<FRAME SRC="another.asp" NAME="results">
</FRAMESET>
</HTML>

I cannot put firstpage.asp into the frameset because it takes data
from a outside page and I can only specify the return url from that
outside page to firstpage.asp. This needs to stay within one window
(ie no opening up new windows).

TIA

Luu

Dan Brussee

I know this is probably easy but here is the details. I have an asp
page that is not inside a frameset. I want to post data to another asp
page that is inside a frameset. So firstpage.asp has
action="response.htm" target="results".

response.htm...
<HTML>
<FRAMESET ROWS="50%,50%">
<FRAME SRC="header.asp" NAME="fTop">
<FRAME SRC="another.asp" NAME="results">
</FRAMESET>
</HTML>

I cannot put firstpage.asp into the frameset because it takes data
from a outside page and I can only specify the return url from that
outside page to firstpage.asp. This needs to stay within one window
(ie no opening up new windows).

While I disagree with the use of frames...

A frameset file is no different than any other HTML file except for
what is inside. Therefore, you can use an ASP file there too. Change
respose.htm to respose.asp and pass the querystring value passed to it
to the another.asp file inside it's "results" frame.

From firstpage.asp, your post will be...
action="response.asp"

I will assume here that you have a form text box named "MyID".

In response.asp...
<HTML>
<FRAMESET ROWS="50%,50%">
<FRAME SRC="header.asp" NAME="fTop">
<FRAME SRC="another.asp?MYID=<%=request.form("MyID")%>"
NAME="results">
</FRAMESET>
</HTML>

luu duong

Yes, your method would work, but what if I wanted to post the
variables to another.asp because it is a little more secure? Is this
possible with the current setup?

Thanks