    ..aspx files had instead .htm extensions? I suppose it boils down to
    whether the page directives would still work.

    Thanks for your help.

    Bruce W...1, Aug 23, 2003

  2. Bruce W...1

    Frank Drebin Guest

    No, there is an ISAPI filter that only process those files with the correct
    file extension... if you rename it, it won't be processed correctly..

    Frank Drebin, Aug 23, 2003

  3. Bruce W...1

    Jeremy Guest

    Well in the IIS Application Configuration there is no
    entry in the Application Mappings for a .htm file type.

    I'm not sure, but I would guess that if you added a .htm
    file type, set the executable path to the ASP.NET ISAPI
    DLL, and set the Verbs to be the same as that of a .aspx
    file (GET,HEAD,POST,DEBUG) you might get it to work.

    Good Luck,
    Jeremy

    Jeremy, Aug 23, 2003
  4. If you try it can you please let us know

    MS News \(MS ILM\), Aug 23, 2003
  5. It works,

    MS News \(MS ILM\), Aug 23, 2003
  6. Bruce W...1

    Jeremy Guest

    I should note that I've done this (created my own
    extension, not setup something for .html) to handle .asp
    files, and I haven't had any problems.

    So it will be interesting to see if somebody tries this
    for .aspx, but I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work.

    Cheers,
    Jeremy

    Jeremy, Aug 23, 2003
  7. Bruce W...1

    Jeremy Guest

    Did you create your own file extension or use
    the .htm/.html extension?

    Jeremy, Aug 23, 2003
  8. created my own. no problem

    MS News \(MS ILM\), Aug 23, 2003
  9. Yes I tried it and it works
    I changed the extension on an .aspx file to .html and I got the same result
    no problem

    MS News \(MS ILM\), Aug 23, 2003
  10. Yes I now tried changing .aspx to .html and still works just fine
    you need to add the mapping in IIS however
    works no problem so far.

    MS News \(MS ILM\), Aug 23, 2003
  11. Html works fine
    Htm works fine
    aspx code did not execute when .htm or .html extension
    strange
    Sorry

    MS News \(MS ILM\), Aug 24, 2003
  12. ..html shows