    Is there a way to display information in a readonly check box? When I
    include the property, READONLY, the check can be changed.

    Todd

    Todd Cary, Dec 30, 2004

  2. Todd Cary

    Karl Core Guest

    "Todd Cary" <> wrote in message
    news:znVAd.15444$...
    > Is there a way to display information in a readonly check box? When I
    > include the property, READONLY, the check can be changed.
    >
    > Todd

    If it cannot be changed by the user, why is it there?

    --
    -Karl Core
    Please Support "Project Boneyard":

    Karl Core, Dec 30, 2004

  3. Todd Cary

    steven Guest

    "Karl Core" <> wrote in message

    > "Todd Cary" <> wrote in message
    > > Is there a way to display information in a readonly check box? When I
    > > include the property, READONLY, the check can be changed.
    > >
    > > Todd

    > If it cannot be changed by the user, why is it there?

    To show a state?

    steven, Dec 30, 2004
  4. Todd Cary

    Neal Guest

    On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 16:59:30 GMT, steven <> wrote:

    > "Karl Core" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Todd Cary" <> wrote in message
    >> > Is there a way to display information in a readonly check box? When I
    >> > include the property, READONLY, the check can be changed.
    >> >
    >> > Todd

    >> If it cannot be changed by the user, why is it there?
    >>

    > To show a state?

    Find an alternate means to show it. Checkboxes are intended for
    interactivity.

    Neal, Dec 30, 2004
  5. "Todd Cary" <> skrev i melding
    > Is there a way to display information in a readonly check box? When I
    > include the property, READONLY, the check can be changed.

    Of course. The readonly attribute only applies to text boxes (type="text").
    I think you should rather use the attribute disabled="disabled".

    http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_input.asp

    --
    Kim André Akerø
    -

    Kim André Akerø, Dec 30, 2004
  6. Todd Cary

    Todd Cary Guest

    Karl Core wrote:
    > "Todd Cary" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Is there a way to display information in a readonly check box? When I
    >>include the property, READONLY, the check can be changed.
    >>
    >>Todd

    > If it cannot be changed by the user, why is it there?

    The attorney's and US Federal Court request that the display page (the
    page where all of the information is displayed before the claim is
    submitted) looks the same as the page where the information was entered.
    The entry page has several checkboxes and I need to have the display
    have the checkbox look.

    Any suggestions?

    Todd

    Todd Cary, Dec 30, 2004
  7. Todd Cary

    Todd Cary Guest

    Kim André Akerø wrote:
    > "Todd Cary" <> skrev i melding
    >
    >>Is there a way to display information in a readonly check box? When I
    >>include the property, READONLY, the check can be changed.

    > Of course. The readonly attribute only applies to text boxes (type="text").
    > I think you should rather use the attribute disabled="disabled".
    >
    > http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_input.asp

    Disabled works. Hope our US Courts will be happy with this......

    Todd

    Todd Cary, Dec 30, 2004
  8. Todd Cary

    Neal Guest

    On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:22:00 GMT, Todd Cary <>
    wrote:

    > The attorney's and US Federal Court request that the display page (the
    > page where all of the information is displayed before the claim is
    > submitted) looks the same as the page where the information was entered.
    > The entry page has several checkboxes and I need to have the display
    > have the checkbox look.
    >
    > Any suggestions?

    Image.

    Neal, Dec 30, 2004
  9. Todd Cary

    Karl Core Guest

    "Todd Cary" <> wrote in message
    > Karl Core wrote:
    >> "Todd Cary" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Is there a way to display information in a readonly check box? When I
    >>>include the property, READONLY, the check can be changed.
    >>>
    >>>Todd

    >> If it cannot be changed by the user, why is it there?
    >>

    > The attorney's and US Federal Court request that the display page (the
    > page where all of the information is displayed before the claim is
    > submitted) looks the same as the page where the information was entered.
    > The entry page has several checkboxes and I need to have the display have
    > the checkbox look.

    What specific site are you working on?

    Karl Core, Dec 30, 2004
  10. Todd Cary

    Todd Cary Guest

    Karl Core wrote:
    > "Todd Cary" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Karl Core wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Todd Cary" <> wrote in message

    >>>If it cannot be changed by the user, why is it there?
    >>>

    >>The attorney's and US Federal Court request that the display page (the
    >>page where all of the information is displayed before the claim is
    >>submitted) looks the same as the page where the information was entered.
    >>The entry page has several checkboxes and I need to have the display have
    >>the checkbox look.
    >>

    > What specific site are you working on?

    My client handles about 60-70% of the major class action lawsuits so I
    have a variety of cases being their only software engineer. The current
    one is against Sony.

    http://www.gilardi.com

    Todd

    Todd Cary, Dec 31, 2004
  11. Todd Cary

    maikonfarias

    Joined:
    Mar 15, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    i know this is old, but a solution can be:
    HTML:
    <input type="checkbox" onclick="this.checked=true;" checked="checked" />

    maikonfarias, Mar 15, 2010
  12. Todd Cary

    kochertj

    Joined:
    May 11, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Disabled doesn't exactly work

    Submitting a disabled checkbox that was checked in its original state is the same as submitting an unchecked box.

    kochertj, May 12, 2010
  13. Todd Cary

    enriquewl

    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    <input type='checkbox' value='whatever_is_good' onclick='javascript: return false;' />

    enriquewl, Jan 20, 2011