can a client be forced to shutdown or restart from browser?

RZavulunov

My organization is trying to encourage users to reboot their PCs after
leaving the company's intranet site. Can this be done in ASP.NET? Any
ideas even if not ASP.net related would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,

Rafi Z.

Gabriel Magaña

I would use an ActiveX component for this, though it is always tricky to
know when a user has actually left a web site...

Whatever you do, don a good firesuit and dont tell people your real name,
users can/will get plenty pissed when you forcibly reboot their computers...

Danny Tuppeny

RZavulunov said:
My organization is trying to encourage users to reboot their PCs after
leaving the company's intranet site. Can this be done in ASP.NET? Any
ideas even if not ASP.net related would be appreciated.

You could use something disgusting like an ActiveX control, though if
they're all on a domain, you might be able to shut them down remotely by
running "shutdown \\computername" run as a domain admin.