can a Modal Dialog post back to itself?

Craig G

i have a page with a grid that is opened in a modal dialog. when it posts
back it opens a new window for the page

can it postback to itself? i tried setting the target of the form showing
within the dialog to "_self" but no joy

Cheers,
Craig

Eliyahu Goldin

Just put a line

<base target=_self>

into the <head> section of your page.

Eliyahu

Curt_C [MVP]

that's iFrame, not Modal Dialog, and yes, there are often "workarounds" to
get things to work in non-designed ways. This is usually a bad idea though.
Next patch, next upgrade, etc, could break your "workaround".... It's
usually best to reevaluate what you need and how you want to get it. In
other words use the right peg for the right hole, dont force it.

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

Craig G

yeah i know what you mean. if i had if my way they would just be
window.open's and save all the hassle but when your being forced by others
to get it to work by any means possible!!

they know all my gripes with it but at the mo there is nothing i can do to
change their mind!

Cheers,
Craig