can a rpogramm which was compiled in Windows XP run in Windows 2000?

swl

I just developed a server side programm. I compiled it using VC++ 6.0
in Windows XP. It run well in Windows XP. But in windows 2000 it got a
runtime error.
Can I need to compile it in Windows 2000 again?
Thanks in advanced.

Jack Klein

I just developed a server side programm. I compiled it using VC++ 6.0
in Windows XP. It run well in Windows XP. But in windows 2000 it got a
runtime error.
Can I need to compile it in Windows 2000 again?
Thanks in advanced.

Ask in
And at least tell them what the runtime error is.

werasm

swl said:
I just developed a server side programm. I compiled it using VC++ 6.0
in Windows XP. It run well in Windows XP. But in windows 2000 it got a
runtime error.
Can I need to compile it in Windows 2000 again?
Thanks in advanced.

It all depends on what underlying API calls are made. If you used
Win32, the MSDN documentation should indicate whether the API calls are
OS compatible.

Regards,