Can a validation control trigger an property change on a web form?

Pasta Bolognese

I am using a Required Field validator control in a web form.

If the control is /triggered/ can it change a property in the field?

What I want to do is:

If the value in the INPUT is not valid, set the background color to
yellow based on the required field.

Peter Blum

Not without writing a hack. The Microsoft validators only know how to show
and hide a <span> tag containing the ErrorMessage. You want to provide
another way to get the users attention.

My product "Professional Validation And More"
(http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx) is a replacement to Microsoft's
validators that overcomes its limitations. It includes several ways to get
the user's attention: changing the color/style of the field, label or
region, show an alert, blink the error, and set focus to the field with the
error.

--- Peter Blum
www.PeterBlum.com
Email: (e-mail address removed)