    What I want to do is:

    If the value in the INPUT is not valid, set the background color to
    yellow based on the required field.

    Pasta Bolognese, May 5, 2004

  2. Pasta Bolognese

    Peter Blum Guest

    Re: Can a validation control trigger an property change on a web form ?

    Not without writing a hack. The Microsoft validators only know how to show
    and hide a <span> tag containing the ErrorMessage. You want to provide
    another way to get the users attention.

    My product "Professional Validation And More"
    (http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx) is a replacement to Microsoft's
    validators that overcomes its limitations. It includes several ways to get
    the user's attention: changing the color/style of the field, label or
    region, show an alert, blink the error, and set focus to the field with the
    error.

    --- Peter Blum
    www.PeterBlum.com
    Email: