Can a web control which is in another assembly be loaded using Register tag and not LoadControl?

Gery D. Dorazio

Hi,

I am building a library of user controls which can be used by different
projects. These controls are Web User Controls which have the corresponding
ascx file. (They are not the Web Custom Controls which are rendered through
code.)

Is it possible to have a Web User Control load automatically by using some
Register Directive syntax similar to user controls contained in the same
project or are we forever doomed to use LoadControl(...) for controls like
this which are contained in another assembly? Note the ASCX file and
corresponding assembly is copied into the target project.

Thanks,
Gery

--
Gery D. Dorazio