Can a web service be clustered?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Thirsty Traveler, May 9, 2006.

  1. For the sake of reliability and scalability, I am wondering if it is
    possible to put a web service into a web service farm?

    Thirsty Traveler, May 9, 2006

  2. There is no reason why not
    We have a clustered 2 web servers and the servers have both websites and
    webservices.

    --
    Swanand Mokashi
    Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (.NET) - Early Achiever

    http://www.dotnetgenerics.com/
    DotNetGenerics.com -- anything and everything about Microsoft .NET
    technology ...

    http://www.swanandmokashi.com/
    http://www.swanandmokashi.com/HomePage/WebServices/
    Home of the Stock Quotes, Quote of the day and Horoscope web services

    Swanand Mokashi, May 9, 2006

  3. Thirsty Traveler

    Consultant Guest

    yes, personally, i have done this for a few large applications, with the
    presentation and application layers being isolated by a firewall

    Consultant, May 9, 2006