    I have done some tests and I found the config file (webcontrol.dll.config) is never examinated.

    Thanks in advance.

    Luis Ramirez.

    Luis Ramírez., Jul 5, 2004

  2. Hi Luis,

    No, there is no such thing as a .config for webcontrols. Maybe if you detail
    what you're after we can get back to you with some suggestions,

    --
    Victor Garcia Aprea
    Microsoft MVP | ASP.NET

    "Luis Ramírez." <> wrote in message
    > Hello everybody:
    > I would like to know if a webcontrol (webcontrol.dll) can have a

    configuration file (webcontrol.dll.config)?

    Victor Garcia Aprea [MVP], Jul 6, 2004

  3. Hello Victor,
    What I want to do is the next:

    I want to control the framework version that the webcontrol will use to
    run.
    If the webcontrol is installed in vs 2002 use the framework v1.0.
    If the webcontrol is installed in vs 2003 use the framework v1.1.

    The webcontrol was developed using framework v1.0.

    1. If a pc has v1.0 and v1.1 installed, how can I control the version that
    will be used if I do not have a config file? microsoft does?
    2. The version that will use my webcontrol will be the version that VS use
    to run?
    3. The webcontrol will use the version used in the compilation(v1.0)?
    4. I would like to be sure that the webcontrol only runs with the versions
    that where used to test it. (v1.0, v1.1).

    Thanks in advance.

    Luis Ramírez.

    Luis Ramírez, Jul 6, 2004