    through jscript or vbscript?

    Thanks,

    Leslie

    Leslie, Mar 10, 2006

  2. ActiveX controls are really a COM thing. They can be built in .NET but it
    doesn't feel entirely natural.
    The more natural alternative is to host windows forms controls within a web
    page, as described here:
    http://SteveOrr.net/articles/WinformControls.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Mar 10, 2006

  3. Leslie

    Leslie Guest

    Steve,

    Thanks, that is just what I was looking for. One other question, you
    mentioned several functions that are prohibited. Is the prohibition absolute
    or can exceptions be made using the Framework Wizard. Specifically, can calls
    to unmanaged code be allowed uisng the Framework Wizard? Is any of the
    security affected by digital signatures?

    Thanks,

    Leslie

    Leslie, Mar 10, 2006
  4. Hi Leslie,

    Thanks for posting!

    "Is the prohibition absolute or can exceptions be made using the Framework
    Wizard. Specifically, can calls to unmanaged code be allowed uisng the
    Framework Wizard?"

    The prohibition is based on the setting of the CAS in the target machine.
    If the code is full trusted in the target machine, the code which even
    contains interop operation will be executed.

    "Is any of the security affected by digital signatures?"
    Yes, you are correct. The signature actually tells the target machine the
    code is trusted and safe. If the target machine trusts the publisher
    company, the code also will be executed.

    Regards,

    Yuan Ren [MSFT]
    Microsoft Online Support

    Yuan Ren[MSFT], Mar 13, 2006
  5. Leslie

    Leslie Guest

    Steve,

    Will the techniques described in your article work with .NET 1.1 or is 2.0
    required?

    Thanks,

    Leslie

    Leslie, Mar 13, 2006