Can an ImageButton be a table cell background for a nav?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Bruce W.1, Feb 25, 2004.

  1. Bruce W.1

    Bruce W.1 Guest

    I'm trying to put together a horizontal tab nav in a User Control, and I
    want to have some mouseOver behavior. This could easily be done with
    just CSS, however hyperlinking this way (client-side) would lose session
    state, right? So I can't do this.

    I was thinking that a mouseOver on the link text would just make it
    bold, or change color.

    I'd like each tab to be prettier than just a different table cell
    background color, more like a manilla folder tab. That means an image
    as the cell background.

    An ImageButton would provide all the link functionality needed, except
    without the client-side CSS mouseOver behavior.

    The only way CSS updated text could appear on top of an ImageButton
    would be if the ImageButton was a table cell background. But then the
    ImageButton would not be clickable, right? It would lose the ability to
    do a Response.Redirect or Server.Transfer in the code-behind.

    Another option might be to skip the CSS updated text and just use an
    ImageButton which had mouseOver behavior. Can an ImageButton have
    client-side mouseOver behavior?

    What's the best way to do a nice looking tab nav in a User Control?

    Any suggestion on solving this dilemna would really be appreciated. Thanks.

    Bruce W.1, Feb 25, 2004