  1. vnssoftware

    vnssoftware Guest

    Can Ant be made to compile only read only java files?

    vnssoftware, Dec 30, 2003

  2. In article <>,
    (vnssoftware) wrote:

    >:Can Ant be made to compile only read only java files?

    Why would it NOT compile read-only files? After all, it's only going to
    read them, and write class files as a result.
    --
    Steve W. Jackson
    Montgomery, Alabama

    Steve W. Jackson, Dec 30, 2003

  3. vnssoftware

    vnssoftware Guest

    "Steve W. Jackson" <> wrote in message news:<-berlin.de>...
    > In article <>,
    > (vnssoftware) wrote:
    >
    > >:Can Ant be made to compile only read only java files?

    > Why would it NOT compile read-only files? After all, it's only going to
    > read them, and write class files as a result.

    Well...I am saying that Ant should not compile files that have write
    access.
    It should only compile files that has read only access. Sorry if I was
    not clear the first time.

    vnssoftware, Dec 31, 2003
  4. vnssoftware

    Dave Glasser Guest

    (vnssoftware) wrote on 30 Dec 2003 18:48:52
    -0800 in comp.lang.java.programmer:

    >"Steve W. Jackson" <> wrote in message news:<-berlin.de>...
    >> In article <>,
    >> (vnssoftware) wrote:
    >>
    >> >:Can Ant be made to compile only read only java files?

    >> Why would it NOT compile read-only files? After all, it's only going to
    >> read them, and write class files as a result.

    >Well...I am saying that Ant should not compile files that have write
    >access.
    >It should only compile files that has read only access. Sorry if I was
    >not clear the first time.

    As of version 1.4.1 of ant (which is what I use), you can't do that. I
    doubt if later versions can either. But if you study and understand
    the source code for org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac, and create
    your own custom task by subclassing it and overriding the scanDir()
    method, it shouldn't be too hard to accomplish what you're trying to.

    --
    Check out QueryForm, a free, open source, Java/Swing-based
    front end for relational databases.

    http://qform.sourceforge.net

    Dave Glasser, Dec 31, 2003
  5. vnssoftware

    Dmitry R Guest

    "Steve W. Jackson" <> wrote in message news:<-berlin.de>...
    > In article <>,
    > (vnssoftware) wrote:
    >
    > >:Can Ant be made to compile only read only java files?

    > Why would it NOT compile read-only files? After all, it's only going to
    > read them, and write class files as a result.

    Ant is available in sources, so it's very easy to add this functionality.

    ---
    http://mediachest.sourceforge.net Explore your iPod

    Dmitry R, Dec 31, 2003