Can any design be coded in HTML? SEO Related

Discussion in 'HTML' started by RS, Nov 5, 2007.

  1. RS

    RS Guest

    Someone I do SEO work for has a new design she wants
    to run by her web designer and me. It is a series of small
    boxes, thumbnails, about 21, on a page, that is really just
    a white background. What the designer has been doing before
    is using large single file graphics for her page, which load
    very slowly and he also has been embedding the text in the
    graphics which the search engines don't like.

    I thought that with a good WYSIYG program you could basically
    code anything in parts, not have to rely on big graphics but could
    cut things up easily, or even more easily put text on top of
    graphics. He is saying there are constraints in html code related
    to tables.

    If anyone can shed some light on this it would be appreciated.

    --
    Robert Pearson
    ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net
    RS, Nov 5, 2007

  2. RS wrote:
    > Someone I do SEO work for has a new design she wants
    > to run by her web designer and me. It is a series of small
    > boxes, thumbnails, about 21, on a page, that is really just
    > a white background. What the designer has been doing before
    > is using large single file graphics for her page, which load
    > very slowly and he also has been embedding the text in the
    > graphics which the search engines don't like.

    You're joking, right? Yeah! Come on, you're joking!

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Nov 5, 2007

  3. RS

    mbstevens Guest

    RS wrote:
    > Someone I do SEO work for has a new design she wants
    > to run by her web designer and me. It is a series of small
    > boxes, thumbnails, about 21, on a page, that is really just
    > a white background. What the designer has been doing before
    > is using large single file graphics for her page, which load
    > very slowly and he also has been embedding the text in the
    > graphics which the search engines don't like.
    >
    > I thought that with a good WYSIYG program you could basically
    > code anything in parts, not have to rely on big graphics but could
    > cut things up easily, or even more easily put text on top of
    > graphics. He is saying there are constraints in html code related
    > to tables.
    >
    > If anyone can shed some light on this it would be appreciated.
    >
    > --
    > Robert Pearson
    > ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net
    > Creative Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music
    > http://www.rspearson.com

    Sorry, I can't decipher this at all. We need a link to the site.
    mbstevens, Nov 5, 2007
  4. RS

    mbstevens Guest

    Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    > RS wrote:
    >> Someone I do SEO work for has a new design she wants
    >> to run by her web designer and me. It is a series of small
    >> boxes, thumbnails, about 21, on a page, that is really just
    >> a white background. What the designer has been doing before
    >> is using large single file graphics for her page, which load
    >> very slowly and he also has been embedding the text in the
    >> graphics which the search engines don't like.

    > You're joking, right? Yeah! Come on, you're joking!

    Anything _that_ designer tells the op can be ignored.
    mbstevens, Nov 5, 2007
  5. RS

    asdf Guest

    "mbstevens" <> wrote in message
    > Jonathan N. Little wrote:
    >> RS wrote:
    >>> Someone I do SEO work for has a new design she wants
    >>> to run by her web designer and me. It is a series of small
    >>> boxes, thumbnails, about 21, on a page, that is really just
    >>> a white background. What the designer has been doing before
    >>> is using large single file graphics for her page, which load
    >>> very slowly and he also has been embedding the text in the
    >>> graphics which the search engines don't like.

    >> You're joking, right? Yeah! Come on, you're joking!
    >>

    > Anything _that_ designer tells the op can be ignored.

    ditto the last speaker.... that's the best laugh I've had in ages :)))
    asdf, Nov 5, 2007
  6. RS

    RS Guest

    Re: Can any design be coded in HTML? SEO Related

    What I should have said is that the boxes, or thumbnails,
    are of different sizes and placed in artisitic ways all over the
    place. There is no grid. It was as if someone hung a bunch
    of little paintings on a very large wall.

    RS, Nov 5, 2007
  7. RS

    mbstevens Guest

    RS wrote:
    > but could
    > cut things up easily, or even more easily put text on top of
    > graphics.

    > What I should have said is that the boxes, or thumbnails,
    > are of different sizes and placed in artisitic ways all over the
    > place. There is no grid. It was as if someone hung a bunch
    > of little paintings on a very large wall.

    There are ways to "put text on top of graphics" that
    cause less problems than using image-text. Here is an
    article about using text-links atop images:

    http://www.alistapart.com/articles/imagemap/
    mbstevens, Nov 5, 2007
  8. RS

    Ben C Guest

    On 2007-11-05, RS <> wrote:
    > What I should have said is that the boxes, or thumbnails,
    > are of different sizes and placed in artisitic ways all over the
    > place. There is no grid. It was as if someone hung a bunch
    > of little paintings on a very large wall.

    Use absolute positioning.
    Ben C, Nov 5, 2007