    Jack East Guest

    I always meet with some problem on class not found.Can anybody
    recomend a free zip scan software on windows?Lot thanks!

    Jack East, Nov 6, 2005

  2. Jack East wrote:

    > I always meet with some problem on class not found.

    Hi Jack. Why don't you try making some more sensible

    [ Just a thought. ]

    Andrew Thompson, Nov 6, 2005

  3. Jack East

    Chris Uppal Guest

    Andrew Thompson wrote:
    > Jack East wrote:
    >
    > > I always meet with some problem on class not found.

    > Hi Jack. Why don't you try making some more sensible

    Andrew, I think you are jumping to damaging conclusions here. There is no
    evidence that I can see to connect Jack East with the "Jack" who was behaving
    questionably earlier, and some considerable evidence to suggest that they are
    two unconnected people (in different continents).

    One thing that you may not know is that -- at least until fairly recently, and
    at least at some schools -- Chinese students were taught that it was a good
    idea to adopt a Western name when dealing with English speaking Westerners. I
    don't know where that idea came from, and I don't think it's a very good idea
    myself, but it explains why there are quite a lot of obviously non-English
    posters using very English names on these newgroups. There is no intent to
    deceive, they are just trying to fit in in the way they've been taught that
    "we" prefer.

    Anyway, to get to Jack's question (finally ;-). I can't personally recommend
    any specific Zip software. I used to use ZipCentral and was reasonably happy
    with that. But I don't think it exists any more. Recent versions of Windows
    have Zip en/decoding built-in. That's not a particularly good or general
    implementation, but it is sufficient for checking the contents of JAR files --
    you just have to copy or rename the xxx.jar to xxx.zip. If you need more
    detailed information about what's in a Zip/Jar file than that (e.g. checking
    for format errors) then you might try the "zipinfo" program that comes with
    Cygwin, although I doubt if you'd want to download and install all of Cygwin (a
    Unix environment emulation for Windows) just for that. I should add that
    pkware (who invented the ZIP format)
    www.pkware.com
    have some free and trial tools although I've never used them myself.

    -- chris

    Chris Uppal, Nov 6, 2005
  4. Chris Uppal wrote:

    > Andrew Thompson wrote:
    >
    >>Jack East wrote:
    >>
    >>> I always meet with some problem on class not found.

    >>Hi Jack. ...

    > Andrew, I think you are jumping to damaging conclusions here.

    Possibly. I associated 'Jack East' directly with 'Jack'.

    If they are different people, I offer my apologies
    for any confusion caused.

    Andrew Thompson, Nov 6, 2005
  5. Jack East

    Joan Guest

    In Windows Explorer, just double click on the icon.

    Joan, Nov 6, 2005
  6. Jack East

    Rhino Guest

    "Jack East" <> wrote in message
    > I always meet with some problem on class not found.Can anybody
    > recomend a free zip scan software on windows?Lot thanks!

    I use UltimateZip, http:///www.ultimatezip.com/, which is free for
    non-commercial uses, and it works fine. I used to use Coffee Cup Zip, which
    is also worked fine; it was freeware that I got from Tucows.com or some
    similar download site. (I think I switched to UltimateZip because it worked
    on both jars and zips while Coffee Cup only worked on zips, but I could be
    wrong, it was quite a while ago.)

    But you really don't need such a tool to see what is inside a jar. Just use
    a command prompt to get into the directory containing your jar file, then
    use the 't' flag in the jar command to see what's inside the jar. For
    instance, if your jar is in C:\myJars and your jar is called Jack.jar, just
    do this on the comand line:

    jar tvf Jack.jar

    The names of all of the files in the jar will be displayed for you.

    You can also extract the files with the 'x' flag in the jar command. That is
    documented in the Jar Trail of the Java Tutorial.

    Rhino

    Rhino, Nov 6, 2005
  7. Jack East

    Chris Uppal Guest

    Joan wrote:

    > In Windows Explorer, just double click on the icon.

    If Java has installed itself correctly on Windows, then double-clicking a JAR
    file will attempt to start
    java -jar <filename>
    which is /not/ what you want...

    -- chris

    Chris Uppal, Nov 6, 2005
  8. Jack East

    Joan Guest

    he said zip not jar

    "Chris Uppal" <-THIS.org> wrote in
    message news:436e3c55$0$38041$...

    Joan, Nov 6, 2005
  9. Jack East

    Roedy Green Guest

    On 5 Nov 2005 20:38:27 -0800, "Jack East" <>

    > I always meet with some problem on class not found.Can anybody
    >recomend a free zip scan software on windows?Lot thanks!

    I use Funduc Search and Replace. It will look in jars and zips. It is
    shareware.

    See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/funduc.html
    --
    Canadian Mind Products, Roedy Green.