    the phone numbers.
    Also perform validation of the input provided by the user to
    ensure that they enter valid phone numbers.
    uday maharshi, Jan 23, 2009

  2. uday maharshi

    Nigel Wade Guest

    uday maharshi wrote:

    > i have to problems....cld ny body solve it for me.....

    Well, your first problem appears to be that your keyboard isn't functioning
    properly. The vowel keys seem to be sticky and dropping letters. There's not a
    lot that we can do to help with that problem. Keyboards are very cheap these
    days so I would suggest you replace your broken one, and in future perhaps
    refrain from eating at the keyboard because those pesky crumbs get everywhere.

    > this programs
    > are to be done java programming language
    >
    > 1. Write a program to sort a list of words and sort a list of numbers.
    > Input can be read from Command prompt or a file.
    >
    > 2. Write a program to store a set of telephone numbers in a text file
    > and display them in ascending order based on the user's input.
    > Each time the program is invoked, store the numbers in a text file
    > & each time the phone numbers should get appended to the initial
    > content of that text file.
    > Provide a command prompt menu for the user to either store or view
    > the phone numbers.
    > Also perform validation of the input provided by the user to
    > ensure that they enter valid phone numbers.

    Was there a question in there somewhere, or were you just regurgitating your
    homework assignment? If you try to solve the problem yourself, then tell us
    what you'd tried and what happened we might be able to offer some guidance.

    --
    Nigel Wade
    Nigel Wade, Jan 23, 2009

  3. uday maharshi

    Roedy Green Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2009 03:53:20 -0800 (PST), uday maharshi

    see http://mindprod.com/jgloss/homework.html
    --
    Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
    http://mindprod.com

    We are almost certainly going to miss our [global warming] deadline.
    We cannot get the 10 lost years back, and by the time a new global agreement to
    replace the Kyoto accord is negotiated and put into effect, there will probably
    not be enough time left to stop the warming short of the point where we must not
    go. ~ Gwynne Dyer
    Roedy Green, Jan 23, 2009