can anyone advise on a FAST domain hosting service?

Hello Delhi

hi,

I assume many of you are web designers, so, thought I'd ask...

I'm looking for a domain host - preferrably connected to an extremely FAST
data pipeline in North America. I am not interested in "cheap" hosting - I
will pay a premium price for speed. Speed of HTTP is an important issue,
but more important is the FTP speed - because I am maintaining a large,
graphic intensive site that needs frequent synching. The FTP socket
connection ('hand-shake') speed is critical. Many of the cheaper services
have a time wait for the FTP socket that can drag on and on. It is is
possible (high hopes), I would like a zero-time-wait FTP socket.

any referrals, recommendations would be appreciated....

Byron

Hello Delhi

Thanks Mark.

Unfortunately, both companies seem to be UK based. I'm in Canada. I need a
North American pipeline to minimize data hops.

also, VI..net has a "sales" link that goes to a non-functional page at
"stat.onestat.com" - not a very good welcoming feature for potential
customers.

Active24 advertises as "surprisingly easy" - I found their home page
navigation "surprisingly complicated". Only certain countries on their map
are "clickable" - does that mean no hosting for residents of non-clickable
countries? When you click on a country, nothing happens, except a UK-based
email and phone index opens.

As a web-designer myself, I would offer that this is a fairly "lame" way to
introduce people to your service. It leave's ones spectacles be-smutted
with question marks.

Disappointing.

Any second opinions from the web-design community on fast hosting and fast
FTP sockets IN NORTH AMERICA?

thanks for any further posts.

Byron

Tina - AxisHOST, Inc.

Hello Delhi said:
Any second opinions from the web-design community on fast hosting and fast
FTP sockets IN NORTH AMERICA?

We're offering a three month free trial when you place a new order using
this discount code: axishost

Feel free to test our FTP, etc. :)

--Tina