    possible (high hopes), I would like a zero-time-wait FTP socket.

    any referrals, recommendations would be appreciated....

    Byron

    Hello Delhi, Jul 7, 2005

  2. Hello Delhi

    mark | r Guest

    try VI.net or Active24 as its now known

    mark

    mark | r, Jul 8, 2005

  3. Hello Delhi

    Hello Delhi Guest

    Thanks Mark.

    Unfortunately, both companies seem to be UK based. I'm in Canada. I need a
    North American pipeline to minimize data hops.

    also, VI..net has a "sales" link that goes to a non-functional page at
    "stat.onestat.com" - not a very good welcoming feature for potential
    customers.

    Active24 advertises as "surprisingly easy" - I found their home page
    navigation "surprisingly complicated". Only certain countries on their map
    are "clickable" - does that mean no hosting for residents of non-clickable
    countries? When you click on a country, nothing happens, except a UK-based
    email and phone index opens.

    As a web-designer myself, I would offer that this is a fairly "lame" way to
    introduce people to your service. It leave's ones spectacles be-smutted
    with question marks.

    Disappointing.

    Any second opinions from the web-design community on fast hosting and fast
    FTP sockets IN NORTH AMERICA?

    thanks for any further posts.

    Byron

    Hello Delhi, Jul 8, 2005
  4. "Hello Delhi" <> wrote in message

    > Any second opinions from the web-design community on fast hosting and fast
    > FTP sockets IN NORTH AMERICA?

    We're offering a three month free trial when you place a new order using
    this discount code: axishost

    Feel free to test our FTP, etc. :)

    --Tina
    --
    http://www.AxisHOST.com - Serving the web since 1997
    Very Generous Cpanel Hosting & Fully Managed Servers

    Tina - AxisHOST, Inc., Jul 9, 2005