    look everyone needs a coach for best performance can anyone coach me
    for
    C++............

    anandkumar, Nov 5, 2005

  2. anandkumar

    Sandeep Guest

    anandkumar wrote:
    > look everyone needs a coach for best performance can anyone coach me
    > for
    > C++............

    Just take that first step - Start writing programs, and keep coming
    back here with your questions, you will get enough coaches here. Spoon
    feeding - Sorry , you will have to look some other place.

    Sandeep, Nov 5, 2005

  3. anandkumar

    ben Guest

    Sandeep wrote:
    > anandkumar wrote:
    >
    >>look everyone needs a coach for best performance can anyone coach me
    >>for
    >>C++............

    > Just take that first step - Start writing programs, and keep coming
    > back here with your questions, you will get enough coaches here. Spoon
    > feeding - Sorry , you will have to look some other place.

    If you live in the same city as I am and you are willing to pay a
    reasonable price I can coach you personally :) Otherwise, you will have
    to write an AI program in C++ to coach yourself. Have fun!

    Ben

    ben, Nov 5, 2005
  4. anandkumar

    Bill Guest

    On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 03:25:31 -0800, anandkumar wrote:

    > look everyone needs a coach for best performance can anyone coach me
    > for
    > C++............

    I've been doing c++ for about two years. Self taught. I got a couple of
    c++ for beginners or ... in 24 hours. Dry reading but I have knocked out a
    few cheesy programs. Library is a good place. Make sure they are for the
    OS you need, Linux or Win.

    I am working on getting my web site back up which I have some source code
    for my cheesy PGMs. learningcenter.fafarm.net.

    Bill, Nov 5, 2005
  5. anandkumar

    Paramesh Guest

    Hi Anand,

    Buy a good book.
    A good book will be a good coach.

    Regards,
    Paramesh.

    Paramesh, Nov 6, 2005
  6. "Paramesh" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Anand,
    >
    > Buy a good book.
    > A good book will be a good coach.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Paramesh.

    Paramesh, you left out one critical element.
    A brain that works. Without the brain, the
    book will not work.

    Tom the Canuck.

    Tom the Canuck, Dec 4, 2005
  7. anandkumar

    Guest

    anandkumar wrote:
    > look everyone needs a coach for best performance can anyone coach me
    > for
    > C++............

    Ok. I've done much coaching and you better know that all a coach does
    is stand there and order you around. They will answer specific
    questions and should work you toward your goals but mostly they just
    stand there and tell you to do things. That latter part is what I
    intend to do...if you have questions you have a thousand people right
    here that will answer. When you have goals I will maybe direct you in
    ways to reach them - if I can....no single person is an expert
    programmer in all domains.

    My first order:

    Change your newsgroup to alt.comp.lang.learn.c++

    Second order:

    Download or purchase Thinking in C++ by Bruce Ekel and read up to pg
    119. Do the first two problems. When you have done that post again
    and I will order you around some more.

    Doing this will require that you have a compiler and that you learn the
    basics of using it. It is for this reason that the first two problems
    are given now even though the book will cover more than that in those
    first two chapters. When and if you finish more will be given from the
    list of exercizes. The more you challenge yourself the more willing I
    am to help - ie, if you don't challenge yourself I'll loose interest
    and quit as I find such people boorish.

    My time is valuable to me - if you waste it you will find me less than
    helpful in the future.

    , Dec 4, 2005