    Can anyone explain when to use state server or Sql server to save sessions.

    Thanks,
    Bhuwan

    Bhuwan Bhaskar, Oct 20, 2007

  2. Bhuwan Bhaskar

    Jon Guest

    On 20 Oct, 17:39, "Bhuwan Bhaskar" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Can anyone explain when to use state server or Sql server to save sessions.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Bhuwan

    Hello mate,

    The best time that you may us this is if you're using a web farm and
    the request may not go back to the orginal server.

    HTH,

    Jon
    www.nantwichonline.com

    Jon, Oct 20, 2007

  3. I am new for ASP.net. As I know, both can be used to save session if you
    are using web farm.

    Thanks,
    Bhuwan

    Bhuwan Bhaskar, Oct 20, 2007
  4. Mark Rae [MVP], Oct 20, 2007
  5. "Jon" <> wrote in message

    > The best time that you may us this is if you're using a web farm and
    > the request may not go back to the orginal server.

    You are confusing inproc sessions with state server and SQL Server, both of
    which can be used in a web farm / web garden...

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP

    Mark Rae [MVP], Oct 20, 2007