Can anyone help this problem? Cannot creat asp.net project.

CM

Hi there:
Just installed VS.Net 2003 on a Windows 2000 Server with IIS installed.

However, I cannot create any web application, The error message is:

The Web server reported the following error when attemption to create or
open the Web project located at the following URL:
'http://localhost/Test2003'.HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

CM

Carl Prothman [MVP]

CM said:
Just installed VS.Net 2003 on a Windows 2000 Server with IIS installed.
However, I cannot create any web application, The error message is:
The Web server reported the following error when attemption to create or
open the Web project located at the following URL:
'http://localhost/Test2003'.HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error'.

Does your IIS Application have an "Application Name" in IIS property page?
Is the IIS Application's physical directory correct? Does it exist?

FYI...
http://www.15seconds.com/faq/ASP 2.0/545.htm
HTTP/1.1 500 Server Error -2146646015 (0x800cc801)
The error is generated by the IIS Metabase (where all the config data is held)
and means that a particular unit of data could not be found. For example you ask
for a vdir path when the path isn't there.

--

Thanks,
Carl Prothman

CM

Thanks for reply!
Yes, the IIS Application have an "Application Name" in IIS Console.
But even I use the default name provided by .Net such as WebApplication1,
the result is the same.
CM

CM

Now, I can creat or open existing web application.
The problem may be I am using Proxy for internet access. After I disabled
using proxy server, ASP.Net can open new or existing web application. But
this only worked for a while then the old problem back again. I uninstalled
IIS and then re-installed IIS then run aspnet_regiis /i, now the ASP.Net has
no problem to open new or existing web application.

However, after I created a new web application and tried to run it, I got
the
error:
There is a problem with the page you are trying to reach and it cannot be
displayed.

Anyone can help?

Thanks in advance!

CM