    waiting for the player's input, or, how to accept the player's input
    in the game. I had visited many sites having c++ tutorials but no one
    gave enough explanation about this. an anyone please help me?
    Kartik, Apr 8, 2004

  2. Kartik <> spoke thus:

    > I was trying to develop a game in c++ ( text mode ), but I couldn't
    > figure out how to make rest of the elements moving in the game while
    > waiting for the player's input, or, how to accept the player's input
    > in the game. I had visited many sites having c++ tutorials but no one
    > gave enough explanation about this. an anyone please help me?

    We can help you get input - post your code (AFTER reading the links
    that conclude this post) and we can give you advice. We can't help
    with making elements move while waiting for input - threads are not
    discussed here.

    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Apr 8, 2004

  3. Uzytkownik "Kartik" <> napisal w wiadomosci
    > Hello,
    > I was trying to develop a game in c++ ( text mode ), but I couldn't
    > figure out how to make rest of the elements moving in the game while
    > waiting for the player's input, or, how to accept the player's input
    > in the game. I had visited many sites having c++ tutorials but no one
    > gave enough explanation about this. an anyone please help me?

    AFAIK there are no input facilities in C++ that do not block until the input
    actually arrives. You'll have to use some system-specific library to do
    that.

    <OT>
    If you're working in Windows you may want to take a look at
    GetAsyncKeyState() function. Old Borland compilers had also non-standard
    'conio.h' header. It contained functions that allowed to do non-blocking
    keyboard input.
    </OT>

    Marcin
    Marcin Kalicinski, Apr 8, 2004
  4. Kartik

    Kartik Guest

    Thank you everyone for taking your time to read my question. Your
    advice may certainly be helpful.
    Kartik, Apr 9, 2004