    Please anybody from the group please give me the names of BEST C books.
    Thanking you.
    Rajeev
    Rajeev, Mar 14, 2006

  2. On Tuesday 14 March 2006 09:08, Rajeev opined (in
    <>):

    > Please anybody from the group please give me the names of BEST C
    > books. Thanking you.

    Quite a few good titles have been posted to the group in the past few
    weeks/months. Use Google Groups interface to find them.

    I don't have a list of titles handy myself, but Kernighan & Ritchie
    (Second Edition) is still considered one of *the* books, and certainly
    should be on your bookshelf.

    Also, "best" (especially "BEST") is very difficult/impossible to define.
    You may want to tell us what's your primary area of interest.

    --
    BR, Vladimir

    Suffocating together ... would create heroic camaraderie.
    -- Khan Noonian Singh, "Space Seed", stardate 3142.8
    Vladimir S. Oka, Mar 14, 2006

  3. Rajeev

    pemo Guest

    pemo, Mar 14, 2006
  4. Richard Heathfield, Mar 14, 2006
  5. Rajeev

    pemo Guest

    pemo, Mar 14, 2006
  6. Rajeev

    Chris Hills Guest

    In article <>,
    Rajeev <> writes
    >Please anybody from the group please give me the names of BEST C books.
    >Thanking you.
    >Rajeev

    try

    http://www.accu.org

    /\/\/ www.phaedsys.org \/\/\
    Chris Hills, Mar 14, 2006
  7. Richard Heathfield, Mar 14, 2006
  8. "Rajeev" <> wrote in message
    > Please anybody from the group please give me the names of BEST C books.
    > Thanking you.

    Don't waste your money on those books. I have probably a two dozen books on
    C, but there is only one that I continually open:
    "C: A Reference Manual," by Samuel Harbison and Guy Steele, Jr. of Tartan
    Laboratories.

    That one will _not_ teach you how to program in C. Therefore, it may be too
    advanced. If that's the case, go buy this one:
    "The C programming Language," by Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie.

    If it's not advanced enough, this one may help you to understand how certain
    functions could work or be implemented:
    "The Standard C Library", by P.J. Plauger

    You shouldn't need anything else except perhaps the C standard ISO/IEC
    9899:1999(E).

    Rod Pemberton
    Rod Pemberton, Mar 14, 2006
  9. Rajeev