Can anyone sell me VC 4.0 or 5.0?

Matthew McDevitt

I'm not too wealthy right now (as I'm trying to start over again), and
I was wondering if anyone had an old copy of VC 4.0 or 5.0 that I
could buy? I'm thinking of getting back into writing code again. (I
gave my 4.0 and 6.0 away about 3 years ago - tried to quit cold
turkey!)

Have pity on me...

Matthew McDevitt
(e-mail address removed)

Send any unwanted IDEs and compilers to: (*Grin*)
2428 Wyoming Dr.
Rockford, IL 61108

Jeff Schwab

I was wondering if anyone had an old copy of VC 4.0 or 5.0 that I
could buy? I'm thinking of getting back into writing code again.

Have pity on me...

Have you considered dropping Windows altogether? GCC, Emacs are free,
and so are lots of great graphics libraries for Unix.

Tom Plunket

Jeff said:
Have you considered dropping Windows altogether? GCC, Emacs are free,
and so are lots of great graphics libraries for Unix.

Or even stick with Windows and use MinGW or Cygwin.

-tom!

Chris Mantoulidis

Tom Plunket said:
Or even stick with Windows and use MinGW or Cygwin.

-tom!

If you really wanna stick to windows, yeah, use either Cygwin or even
DJGPP (yeah, MinGW too)

But my suggestion, switch to Linux...

All the above are for free, so no need to spend $$$ on some silly M$
product... Plus, if you get used to writing on VC, then you're really
screwed cuz M$ VC is not fully standarized.

cmad

P.J. Plauger

But my suggestion, switch to Linux...

All the above are for free, so no need to spend $$$ on some silly M$
product... Plus, if you get used to writing on VC, then you're really
screwed cuz M$ VC is not fully standarized.

Now *that's* funny. There are good reasons why one might switch from
VC++ to a free compiler -- out-of-pocket cost leads the list, of
course -- but conformance certainly isn't one of them these days.

P.J. Plauger
Dinkumware, Ltd.
http://www.dinkumware.com

LucyCarper