Can asp 3.0 code coexist on an aspx page? Ad Rotator Component

Guest

I have used my first aspx page on our site to utitlize the Ad Rotator
component.

However, I note that my traditional asp 3.0 code generations compilation
errros (eg Let and Set not allowed in fuctions in new version) which puts to
painful convervsion of code to aspx.

But, is there a way to allow traditional asp to run on aspx page by
codifying some form of 'transitional' declaration on the page in the same
way one does for xhtml standard pages?

Thank You
Jason

Guest

Nope... they are completly different animals, operated by different DLLs on
the server.

It's usually best to convert over to asp.net (with VB.net, C#, whatever) and
completely get rid of the ASP (vbscript?) code/site. They weren't designed to
work together.

Guest

Yeah, I figured......need to get my hands dirty! Phew.

Thanks
Jason

ps: Curt, are you still using a laptop for web dev. purposes.....have you by
any chance upgraded or moved to a new model...if so would appreciate
feedback on your specs and any suggestions for 'perfect' web dev latop...I
know, asking a lot!