can ASP get a list of databases and tables of SQL Server at run time?

John Davis

When we want to get data access, we need to specify the datasource name and
table name in ASP page. I want to know if we can get the list of databases
and tables of SQL Server at run time? i.e. The user can choose the database
or table to open, and get the records of the table?

Please advice. Thanks!
John

Ken Schaefer

Yes, you can! :)

There are three ways that I can think of:
a) query the system tables
b) use ADOX
c) use the ADO Schema

Cheers
Ken

: When we want to get data access, we need to specify the datasource name
and
: table name in ASP page. I want to know if we can get the list of databases
: and tables of SQL Server at run time? i.e. The user can choose the
database
: or table to open, and get the records of the table?
:
: Please advice. Thanks!
: John
: