Can asp.net 2.0 form in masterpage render ID other than "aspnetFor

Guest

I'm porting an asp.net 1.1 app to asp.net 2.0 (july build) and I have a form
in a page that's using a master page. The form inside a content placeholder
looks like:

<asp:Content ContentPlaceHolderID=cphMain runat=server>
<form id=SomeForm runat=server>

on the client, the browser renders:

<form action=thisPage.aspx method=post id="aspnetForm">

so all of my javascript that references "SomeForm.javascriptFct" blows up
because it's not "aspnetForm.javascriptFct".

Any ideas how to make the form render the correct form ID instead of
"aspnetForm" all the time when using a master page?

BTW, it works fine outside of masterpages.

Don

Brock Allen

Your javascript should dynamically incorporate the ID via ClientID.

As a side note, in general the <form> should be put in the master page, not
the ASPX page.