Can ASP.NET and JSP Share Session State?

jeff_carver

I've been looking at a number of threads that seem to address this
issue, but they all seem to vector off into the weeds. So, can anyone
provide a definitive Boolean answer to the question, "Is it possible
for a JSP page and an ASP.NET page to communicate with each other via
session state variables?"

TIA,
Jeff Carver

Patrice

Strickly speaking no (as they are totally different environment, they can't
share the "same" session variables).

You could likely though simulate this with basically two big options :
- using a common store (such as a DB, cookies, or perhaps a replacement for
the session object usable from both ASP.NET, JSP) for those values rather
than session variables
- or by passing back and forth updated values so that changes are reflected
in the other side

jeff_carver

Thanks, Patrice. That's not the answer I was hoping for, but it was
clear and unambiguous!