Can ASP.NET emulate a Telnet host?

Forty Two

Sorry in advance for what I suspect is a pretty clueless question. I
was wondering if ASP.NET (using vb.net) can 'emulate' a Telenet host
to provide a command line interface for the client?

I have done a moderate amount of asp.net development (almost 2 years
ago now) and have done some searching on google regarding this topic.
But either it is out of the question, or nobody sees any point to
doing it.

(I did extensive programming on my old-time single user BBS in the
dark ages before the Internet. I came across backup copies of some
games that were quite popular with my users and thought it would be
amusing to try to bring one or two of them back from the dead.)

Thanks for reading my message
Skip