    me to simulate resizable separator of window panes?
    Thanks,
    Charts
    Charts, Jul 10, 2005

  2. Hi Charts,

    Welcome to ASP.NET newsgroup.
    As for the implement the winform pane separator like functions in ASP.NET
    webform page, here are some of my understanding and suggestions:

    In asp.net webpage(or any other dynamic web document techs), all the
    response content (be displayed in browser ) are html content. And the html
    display modal (in browser) has different mechanism with the ones in winform
    application.
    So we haven't the absolute same controls like the separator control in
    winform control collection.

    In fact, in web page, we generally use the frames/frameset based pages to
    provide the effect like the separated panes in winform. We need to provide
    a parent page which contains some frameset and in each sub frame, there
    contains a separate page inside it. And we can make the border which
    separate the neighbour pages sizeable so that we can drag them in the
    browser to resize the neighboured frames. And for a visual reference, you
    can look at the

    msdn web site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library

    which just use the frameset/frame based page to display the top/left/main
    content sections.

    How do you think of this?

    Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions or ideas.
    Thanks,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    --------------------
    | From: =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcnRz?= <>
    | Subject: Can aspnet simulate windows pane separator?
    | Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 09:15:02 -0700
    | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols
    |
    | I am using webcontrol treeview on the left and datagrid on the right of
    the
    | html table to simulate windows treeview and listview panes in asp.net.
    The

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jul 11, 2005

  3. Charts

    Charts Guest

    That is a good suggestion. Thanks Steven. Charts

    Charts, Jul 11, 2005
  4. Charts

    Charts Guest

    Hi Steven,
    I tried frameset/frame solution. However the problem is that the framset
    separates different pages. For example, if I take the event of node click in
    the treeview in the left of the frame, then I would not be able to get hold
    of the datagrid controls in the right frame since they are in the different
    pages. How can I resolve this problem?
    Thanks,
    Charts

    Charts, Jul 11, 2005
  5. Aaron Corcoran, Jul 11, 2005
  6. Charts

    Charts Guest

    Thanks

    Charts, Jul 11, 2005
  7. Thanks for Aaron's informative info.

    Hi Charts,

    Seems the splitter control on the site Aaron mentioned use the DHTML events
    to perform the sizable function. I haven't dig deep into it , but surely
    it's a good approach. In addition, as for using frameset/frame based page,
    though it force us to separate the entire content into individual pages, we
    can still use the DHTML model to access the elements or fucntions across
    the frames(by clientside scripting). If you're also interested in this, we
    can also try looing further into it.

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jul 13, 2005
  8. Charts

    clintonG Guest

    The guy from obout - Illya something or the other - who developed and sells
    those controls is not trustworthy. He claims he supports his controls but he
    does not and will not answer mail after he has your money. I learned this
    the hard way and fell for his bullsh!t because his site looks so good but
    the guy is dishonest.

    So you better be a mind reader if you intend to use those controls because
    there is a lot left unsaid about how they can be used.

    <%= Clinton Gallagher
    NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com
    URL http://metromilwaukee.com/

    clintonG, Jul 13, 2005