can aspx files become corrupted?

BillE

VS2005, vb.net, ajax 1.0

I have a webform that used to work great. It has lots of controls. I added
some Ajax update panels to it and they worked great. But when I tried to
add new controls like textboxes (not in update panels), I would get error
bc30456 'textbox1' is not a member of 'webform1'. I messed around with it
and finally in desparation I copied the webform, and the copy worked fine!
(I corrected the partial class name in the code behind, and the inherits
statement in the form). The two webforms are identical, but the copy builds
without any problem while the original keeps giving me the bc30456 error.

Is the original corrupted some how? What is the best way to swap it with a
copy which works fine? I was going to check them both in to Sourcesafe and
then rename them in sourcesafe.

Did Ajax cause this problem? Is it buggy? should i avoid it?

Will I have more problems with the copied aspx file?

Bill

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Clear out the temporary ASP.NET files and attempt to build again. That will
likely solve your issues (it did mine).