Can AutoFill option be programatically disabled in FireFox ?

Anks

Hi All,

A user can control the AutoFill option by enabling / disabling the
Remember Passwords option in Options - Privacy - Saved Passwords
section.

But is it possible to disable this option programatically using
JavaScript or in any other way ? I basically dont want the user's
browser to ever remmeber the username and password and hence autofill
these two fields !! So can we do anything as the page author to disable
this option completely ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch in advance

Anks

Randy Webb

Anks said the following on 8/3/2005 9:35 PM:
Hi All,

A user can control the AutoFill option by enabling / disabling the
Remember Passwords option in Options - Privacy - Saved Passwords
section.

But is it possible to disable this option programatically using
JavaScript or in any other way ? I basically dont want the user's
browser to ever remmeber the username and password and hence autofill
these two fields !! So can we do anything as the page author to disable
this option completely ?

You want to programatically unset my personally set preferences? You and
every spammer on the 'net wants to know how to do that. The answer is a
resounding NO.

BootNic

http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/How_to_Turn_Off_Form_Autocompletion