    upgrade from a shared hosting to a dedicated server account?

    Thank you
    Kevin

    Kevin Mitchell, Oct 19, 2003

  2. The CLR does try to locate assemblies in the \bin directory of a web application. I don't think that can be changed.

    What makes you think you can't create a working bin directory in the root of your web app? The default permissions for the ASP Worker Process account are read, execute, list folder and should work without problem.

    Regards,
    Wim Hollebrandse
    http://www.wimdows.net
    http://www.wimdows.com

    ---
    Posted using Wimdows.net Newsgroups - http://www.wimdows.net/newsgroups/

    Wim Hollebrandse, Oct 19, 2003

  3. Specifies application base subdirectories for the common language runtime to
    search when loading assemblies.

    <configuration>
    <runtime>
    <assemblyBinding>
    <probing>
    <probing privatePath="paths"/>

    Example
    The following example shows how to specify application base subdirectories
    the runtime should search for assemblies.
    <configuration>
    <runtime>
    <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
    <probing privatePath="bin;bin2\subbin;bin3"/>
    </assemblyBinding>
    </runtime>
    </configuration>
    Configuration File
    This element can be used in the application configuration file.

    "Kevin Mitchell" <> wrote in message
    > I have an NT shared hosting account, but the provider names the

    script/write

    Sergiy Savchenko, Oct 19, 2003
  4. Wim Hollebrandse, Oct 19, 2003