    how can the browser affect the session? Doesnt the session live in the
    server, not understanding how this would make a difference.

    Any ideas

    HLady, Jun 23, 2006

  2. The session does live on the server. However, the session cookie is on the
    client - and the browser sends this up on every requests. I haven't
    experienced what you are describing, but perhaps the session cookie is
    getting lost somehow on the redirect.

    Marina Levit [MVP], Jun 23, 2006

  3. aol?

    Some ISPs and corporate networks route their outgoing traffic
    through proxy server farms. This can result in
    session cookies getting reset because the
    server thinks you are a new session from a
    different ip.

    You don't say much about the environment
    you are experiencing this with. So, I'm
    just throwing this out there for consideration.

    --
    Robbe Morris - 2004-2006 Microsoft MVP C#
    Earn money answering .NET questions

    Robbe Morris [C# MVP], Jun 26, 2006
  4. HLady

    HLady Guest

    Re: aol?

    Thanks for your suggestion, but this problem happens to my application
    even when I am running the application locally on my machine as
    localhost,

    Another interesting thing is that the "session_end" method never runs,
    I only get session_start method running again. This is when running
    inproc session model, I know session_end doesnt run when using
    stateserver, but should when running inproc. I get a different
    sessionid too.

    HLady, Jun 26, 2006