CAN bus protocol

VHDL_lover

I am implementing CAN bus controller in VHDL ,Can anyone suggest me some
good material source for CAN bus protocol, I tried google but no luck.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
thanks

Martin Bishop

The most useful book, I know of, published on CAN is:
Prof. Dr.-Ing. K. Etschberger (Publisher)
Controller Area Network (CAN)
Basics, Protocols, Chips, Applications
English edition, 2001
ISBN: 3-00-007376-0, 440 Pages

search www.ixxat.de under products | literature

You may well have to source it through an Ixxat distributor

The CAN specification was originated by Bosch

http://www.can.bosch.com/content/Literature.html has a link to a pdf of the
specification and ...

http://www.can-cia.de/ is another useful URL

HTH; Martin

Raghavendra

VHDL_lover said:
I am implementing CAN bus controller in VHDL ,Can anyone suggest me some
good material source for CAN bus protocol, I tried google but no luck.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
thanks

Hi,
CAN bus was developed by Robert Bosch so visit their website.For IP
you can visit Xilinx website.
Raghavendra.Sortur