Can client proxy use the client side caching similar to IE' temporary files?

A.M-SG

Hi,

My webservice transfers big datasets over network and I am thinking to use
client side caching for doing that. Does client proxy provide a caching
mechanism similar to IE's temporary internet files? What would be the best
way to provide caching mechanism at the client proxy side?

A link to online article would greatly help,

Thank you,
Alan

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hello Alan,

Welcome to webservice newsgroup.
Regarding on the caching large dataset in webservice transfering question
you mentioned, here are some of my understanding and suggestion:

In the current .net webservice, the clientside webservice proxy class
dosn't provide buildin caching mechanism. Also, clientside temp file based
caching(for IE) is not quite adapted to webservice client proxy. As for
such scenario, I'd suggest you consider using the MS .NET Enterprise
library's Caching application block. This is a components which deisgned
for providing in memory datacaching for desktop/console application which
dosn't utilize the ASP.NET runtime Cache component. The .NET 1.X use the
enterprise library 1.0, you can find some reference in the following msdn
site:

#Caching Application Block
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/caching1.asp?frame=true

Also, the download address is:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A7D2A109-660E-444E-
945A-6B32AF1581B3&displaylang=en

In .NET 2.0, we'll also release a new version (2.0 ) of the entreprise
library.

Hope helps. Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: "A.M-SG" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Can client proxy use the client side caching similar to IE'
temporary files?
| Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:09:49 -0500
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
|
| Hi,
|
| My webservice transfers big datasets over network and I am thinking to
use
| client side caching for doing that. Does client proxy provide a caching
| mechanism similar to IE's temporary internet files? What would be the
best
| way to provide caching mechanism at the client proxy side?
|
| A link to online article would greatly help,
|
| Thank you,
| Alan

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Alan,

Have you got any further ideas on this post , does the things in my last
reply helps a little? If there're anything else we can help, please feel
free to post here. Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)
--------------------
| From: (e-mail address removed) (Steven Cheng[MSFT])
| Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 03:51:57 GMT
| Subject: RE: Can client proxy use the client side caching similar to IE'
temporary files?
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
|
| Hello Alan,
|
| Welcome to webservice newsgroup.
| Regarding on the caching large dataset in webservice transfering question
| you mentioned, here are some of my understanding and suggestion:
|
| In the current .net webservice, the clientside webservice proxy class
| dosn't provide buildin caching mechanism. Also, clientside temp file
based
| caching(for IE) is not quite adapted to webservice client proxy. As for
| such scenario, I'd suggest you consider using the MS .NET Enterprise
| library's Caching application block. This is a components which deisgned
| for providing in memory datacaching for desktop/console application which
| dosn't utilize the ASP.NET runtime Cache component. The .NET 1.X use the
| enterprise library 1.0, you can find some reference in the following msdn
| site:
|
| #Caching Application Block

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/caching1.asp?frame=true

| Also, the download address is:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A7D2A109-660E-444E-
| 945A-6B32AF1581B3&displaylang=en
|
| In .NET 2.0, we'll also release a new version (2.0 ) of the entreprise
| library.
|
| Hope helps. Thanks,
|
| Steven Cheng
| Microsoft Online Support

| rights.)
|

| --------------------
| | From: "A.M-SG" <[email protected]>
| | Subject: Can client proxy use the client side caching similar to IE'
| temporary files?
| | Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:09:49 -0500
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
| |
| | Hi,
| |
| | My webservice transfers big datasets over network and I am thinking to
| use
| | client side caching for doing that. Does client proxy provide a caching
| | mechanism similar to IE's temporary internet files? What would be the
| best
| | way to provide caching mechanism at the client proxy side?
| |
| | A link to online article would greatly help,
| |
| | Thank you,
| | Alan
| |