    A link to online article would greatly help,

    Thank you,
    Alan
    A.M-SG, Oct 31, 2005

  2. Hello Alan,

    Welcome to webservice newsgroup.
    Regarding on the caching large dataset in webservice transfering question
    you mentioned, here are some of my understanding and suggestion:

    In the current .net webservice, the clientside webservice proxy class
    dosn't provide buildin caching mechanism. Also, clientside temp file based
    caching(for IE) is not quite adapted to webservice client proxy. As for
    such scenario, I'd suggest you consider using the MS .NET Enterprise
    library's Caching application block. This is a components which deisgned
    for providing in memory datacaching for desktop/console application which
    dosn't utilize the ASP.NET runtime Cache component. The .NET 1.X use the
    enterprise library 1.0, you can find some reference in the following msdn
    site:

    #Caching Application Block
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/caching1.asp?frame=true

    Also, the download address is:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A7D2A109-660E-444E-
    945A-6B32AF1581B3&displaylang=en

    In .NET 2.0, we'll also release a new version (2.0 ) of the entreprise
    library.

    Hope helps. Thanks,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    --------------------

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Nov 1, 2005

  3. Hi Alan,

    Have you got any further ideas on this post , does the things in my last
    reply helps a little? If there're anything else we can help, please feel
    free to post here. Thanks,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)
    --------------------
    | From: (Steven Cheng[MSFT])
    | Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 03:51:57 GMT
    | Subject: RE: Can client proxy use the client side caching similar to IE'
    temporary files?
    | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
    |
    | Hello Alan,
    |
    | Welcome to webservice newsgroup.
    | Regarding on the caching large dataset in webservice transfering question
    | you mentioned, here are some of my understanding and suggestion:
    |
    | In the current .net webservice, the clientside webservice proxy class
    | dosn't provide buildin caching mechanism. Also, clientside temp file
    based
    | caching(for IE) is not quite adapted to webservice client proxy. As for
    | such scenario, I'd suggest you consider using the MS .NET Enterprise
    | library's Caching application block. This is a components which deisgned
    | for providing in memory datacaching for desktop/console application which
    | dosn't utilize the ASP.NET runtime Cache component. The .NET 1.X use the
    | enterprise library 1.0, you can find some reference in the following msdn
    | site:
    |
    | #Caching Application Block

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dnpag2/html/caching1.asp?frame=true

    | Also, the download address is:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A7D2A109-660E-444E-
    | 945A-6B32AF1581B3&displaylang=en
    |
    | In .NET 2.0, we'll also release a new version (2.0 ) of the entreprise
    | library.
    |
    | Hope helps. Thanks,
    |
    | Steven Cheng
    | Microsoft Online Support

    | rights.)
    |

    | --------------------
    | | From: "A.M-SG" <>
    | | Subject: Can client proxy use the client side caching similar to IE'
    | temporary files?
    | | Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:09:49 -0500
    | | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices
    | |
    | | Hi,
    | |
    | | My webservice transfers big datasets over network and I am thinking to
    | use
    | | client side caching for doing that. Does client proxy provide a caching
    | | mechanism similar to IE's temporary internet files? What would be the
    | best
    | | way to provide caching mechanism at the client proxy side?
    | |
    | | A link to online article would greatly help,
    | |
    | | Thank you,
    | | Alan
    | |