Can Crystal Report show dynamic picture?

Sam

Hello everyone,
I have a table, which contains a picture column, I put URL info into it.
"www.myweb.com/1.jpg..."
I want to show this picture in my crystal report, I find
some samples show the "static" picture in Crystal report,
No "Dynamic" one.
Can Crystal Report do that?

Thanks in advance.
Sam

Ted Harper

I want to show this picture in my crystal report, I find
some samples show the "static" picture in Crystal report,
No "Dynamic" one.
Can Crystal Report do that?

What I have done for this - to add dynamic "custom" charts into
Crystal Reports - is create a typed dataset with an image column which
is *not* bound to a database, then (in the Designer) put this column
where I need it on the report. NB: Getting the size/scale of the image
right is a bit fiddly, but this seems like a general fiddly thing with
Crystal, rather than anything particularly because the images might be
dynamic.

In my code driving the report (in the codebehind page of the web page
containing the viewer), I construct the in-memory dataset, build the
image in memory - or in your case you would load it into memory from
wherever the physical chart is - put the image into a single row added
to the dataset, pass the dataset to Crystal, then it displays just
fine. Works with sub-reports too,just the same if you want several
dynamic images or charts on the same report.

It sounds like more work than it actually is ;-)

Hope this helps,

ted.h.

p.s. This is with CR.Net included in VS.Net 2002. I assume it will
work similarly in VS.Net 2003 if that is what you have.

thomas wenning

Dear Sam,

use a typed DataSet, put the graphic in the DataSet and use the DataSet as
DataSource for the Crystal Report.(Thats dynamic pur!)

With greeting

Thomas Wenning

Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Question

--
Ted Harper [Fissile Software Pty Ltd] (Sydney, Australia)
Email: (e-mail address removed)

Sorry to ask for a question, can i ask what is the dynamic "custom" charts? where can i find this dynamic "custom" charts?
Chee Peng