Can Dev-Cpp (Mingw) compile network libs

mislavb

Can Dev-Cpp (Mingw) (under windows) compile network libraries:

#include <unistd.h>
#include <arpa/inet.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <sys/socket.h>

and if yes, what do I have to do to do it?

Thanks

Walter Roberson

Can Dev-Cpp (Mingw) (under windows) compile network libraries:
#include <unistd.h>
#include <arpa/inet.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <sys/socket.h>
and if yes, what do I have to do to do it?

That sounds like a very system-specific question more suitable
for the mingw mailing list.

Keith Thompson

mislavb said:
Can Dev-Cpp (Mingw) (under windows) compile network libraries:

#include <unistd.h>
#include <arpa/inet.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <sys/socket.h>

and if yes, what do I have to do to do it?

None of these headers are defined in standard C. Try a forum that
deals with Dev-Cpp.

William Ahern

Can Dev-Cpp (Mingw) (under windows) compile network libraries:

#include <unistd.h>
#include <arpa/inet.h>
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <sys/socket.h>

and if yes, what do I have to do to do it?

This is the wrong newsgroup. As previously mentioned, all of those headers
are beyond the purview of this newsgroup (and thus you're more likely to
receive wrong, conflicting or generally non-constructive answers). Even
more so, <sys/socket.h> isn't even provided by the Win32, Winsock or
Winsock2 API. Since MinGW is effectively an alternate compiler which
plugs into the rest of the Win32 ecosystem, you should probably seek out a
Win32 sockets/network programming forum, if not a MinGW specific one.

There are also quite a few tutorials discoverable through Google. MSDN
also has most or all the relevant information you likely require. (Having
recently ported some network code to Win32, I know merely enough to help
myself but not enough to be of help to others.)