can error messages be improved or can they be overridden ?

Stef Mientki

hello,

I often get an error message like this

self.Brick.Par [ self.EP[2] ]['FileName'] = filename
IndexError: list index out of range

Now it would be very welcome,
if the error message specified which index is out of range,
in this case e.g.,
- specifying the length of self.EP
- specifying the value of self.EP[2]
- specifying the length of self.Brick.Par
etc..

Is there a way to override the error message and provide this information,
or is it impossible ?

And if it's possible, am I the only one who often stumbles about this
problem ?
(I expect many people must have bounced in this problem before me ;-)

thanks,
Stef Mientki