Can Excek and HTML talk to each other?

M.L.

I'd like to know if a javascript technology exists that, given a set
of HTML files, would allow me extract cell data from a row in an Excel
or csv file and place it into specified variables within the html
template file. In other words, I'd like to substitute variables within
the HTML file with their corresponding cell/row data. Each row of
Excel data would correspond to a different HTML file.

example:

<head>
<title>...</title>
</head>

Where the <c23> tag would be replaced with the Excel cell data. Sort
of like a mailmerge between HTML and Excel. Any help appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Tim Williams

You could use js to automate Excel and extract the relevant info from
an XL file, then write the HTML files to disk.

However, you'd probably be better served using VBA from Excel to do
the same thing.

Tim