Can Footer be Anchored on ASPX Page?

Randy

Can footers be forced to the bottom of an .ASPX page either using
#include or User Controls?
I got a page that starts out displaying 3 drop down lists, one text
box, 5 labels and 1 Submit Button. The goal is to initially have the
footer display below the Submit Button. Once data has been filled in,
a DataGrid will display data based on the criteria. The drop downs
work, the DataGrid displays data correctly. The problem is that when
I add the footer, either as a #include or as a User Control, the
footer moves to the top of the page and then the drop down list boxes
and text boxes are painted over the top of the footer. Displaying the
DataGrid has no effect, except that the footing is not displayed below
the DataGrid. Can anything be done to force the footer to display
below whatever else is displayed on the page? Can it be made to be
dynamic such that if the page is short, it remains at the bottom and
if the page is long, it stays at the bottom too?

If you want to see the HTML or the Code Behind, let me know. It is a
little bulky to include inline.

Thanks,
Randy

Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD]

Do some research on the pageLayout property of web forms.
By experimenting with GridLayout and FlowLayout you should be able to place
any control anywhere you want on the page.
There is no single best way to do this, it depends on your requirements.
Also, I've found using the HTML table control is a handy way to place
controls relative to eachother, so I suggest you play around with it too.