Can Google crawl .aspx pages?

John

Hello everybody,

I'm working on a Web site that reads a database file and diplays the
contents in a datagrid

my question is how can google index my page since in order to do that it
needs to actually open my page with correct query string

is there anything i need to do to enablle google to this ?

thanks

Mark Fitzpatrick

Google will crawl asp.net pages just fine, the problem is, of course as you
say, the querystring. One way around that is to use url rewriting. That way
you can, instead, have products likt /products/1.aspx which then translates
in the server to /products/default.aspx?id=1 (assuming default.aspx is the
page you want to rewrite the query to.

Check out www.urlrewriting.net for a free url rewriting engine that also has
really good instructions. You'll want to be familiar with regular
expressions though to adjust the filter just right, but it doesn't take too
much effort. You may also want to look around some of the search engine
optimization and watch sites for additional tips as they are probably a bit
more on the ball regarding what the latest search engine issues are for
dynamic pages.