    --
    Regards,
    Casey
    Casey Hawthorne, Mar 18, 2009

  2. Casey Hawthorne

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Re: Can Groovy be used in an applet and/or can it generate the Javabytecodes that then can be used in an applet?

    Casey Hawthorne wrote:
    > Can Groovy be used in an applet and/or can it generate the Java
    > bytecodes that then can be used in an applet?

    AFAIK then Groovy can compile to byte code, so it should
    be usable in an applet.

    Note though that the Groovy library is almost 2 MB.

    And I am slightly skeptical about the benefits.

    Have you considered JavaFX ?

    It is intended for stuff like this.

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Mar 18, 2009