can I access and join data from 2 sources?

djc

I need to use data from multiple tables that are located in 2 different
databases. Most of the tables are in SQL Server 2000 but 1 one the tables I
need to include in my query resides in an Access2002 mdb file.

I need to do this via ASP/ADO on IIS5.

How do I combine (join in a query) tables from different databases? they
are each opened from a different connection object? I have only had to
access tables from one source before and I used the recordset.Open "sql
statement", connectionObjectVariable syntax.

Can I this even be done?

any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Manohar Kamath [MVP]

The best way to do this is by creating so called "Linked servers" in SQL
Server. Doing so, you can query data across multiple servers, even disparate
types (SQL, Access, Foxpro, etc.) as if they were all single source of data.
Look for "Linked servers" in SQL books online.

djc

Thanks, I'll check that out.

--
Manohar Kamath