Can I AUTOMATICALLY insert AAnnotations into java source and generate WSDL for webservice ?

Jason Stacy

When I want to make a web service from a given java class I have to insert
MANUALLY annotations into the java source and later generate the WSDL from this.

However I could imagine that there is something like a PRE-compiler which
does the job for me. In other words this tool should inspect the public procedures,
functions and parameters and automatically insert appropriate WebService Annotations
(@webServcie, @WebMethod,...).

IS there such a tool?

Alternatively it could be that a generation derives the WSDL infos directly from
compiled java classes.

J.

Mark Space

Jason said:
When I want to make a web service from a given java class I have to insert
MANUALLY annotations into the java source and later generate the WSDL from this.

However I could imagine that there is something like a PRE-compiler which
does the job for me. In other words this tool should inspect the public procedures,
functions and parameters and automatically insert appropriate WebService Annotations
(@webServcie, @WebMethod,...).

I don't see how avoiding typing @annotations will help very much. It's
not that much more than typing a class name or a method name itself.

Are you using an IDE? NetBeans has customizable templates and macros
that can cut down on typing. I'm sure other IDEs have similar
capabilities. Maybe try that. If your code is coming from somewhere
besides fingertips, Roedy's parser idea sounds like a good one.